Tuesday 3 April 2012

Beinn Sgritheall - Drew Jackson

 The body clock was still on 'earlies' so it was early to bed and up before the 'lark'. So I breakfasted and set off for the drive round to Arnisdale over the winding Mam Ratagan around 06.00a.m. I managed to get a wee lay by about meters from the wee pile o'stanes that marks the start of the path up to the west approach ridge. The path was decent only a couple of 'smooshy' bits to negotiate up to the deer fence stile. From the stile it was a short distance to gain the ridge. The gradual shoulder took me up to the steeper last few hundred metres of ascent and I summitted at 09.30 again.This time I got a view down Loch Hourn and out to sea and to the islands...braw! On my way down at the bottom of the steep bit I stumbled and did a wee roll on the mossy grass. After I recovered I had a look around to see if anything had fallen out of my sack. Everything appeared fine, later i realized that I must'ave dislodged my GPS from it's clip on my sack and and failed to notice it had fallen off, whether there or at another point. Anyway I was down when i noticed that I was short of an Etrex GPS....only fly in the ointment of anotherwise excellent day in the hills..







No comments: