Tuesday 3 April 2012

Sgurr a'Mhaoraich - Drew Jackson



As i had been working early shift all week, the body clock was semi-nocturnal so I set off for Loch Quoich at the unearthly hour of 04.10 from Glenrothes. The car was packed the night before and so it was clothes on and a quick coffee and on my way. I had booked a night at Invergarry bunkhouse so I was set for the night after Sgurr a'Mhaoraich. I arrived at the layby at the start of the ascent and was on the hill at 07.10 and made swift (ish) and steady progress up a fine path. There were a couple of swathes of snow to traverse,but nothing awkward and I summitted at 09.30. Had there been no cloud I might have seen the wonderful views down Lochhourn and the surrounding mountains but it was not to be. I continued the circuit northwards over to Am Bathaich and then down the zig-zag track down to the river Quoich and along the track to the road back to the car.

No comments: